We all have the power to impact positive social change, but how can we collaboratively influence creating a healthy and more thriving society for all?
We are thrilled to present a half day Design Thinking Convention, together with the University of Western Australia (UWA) and The Centre for Social Impact (CSI). Design Thinking is a human centered approach to solving complex problems. This interactive learning experience will highlight pressing social issues impacting Perth in the next 5-10 years. Participants will be engaged in the principles of design thinking and inspired to apply them to impact social change.
The design thinking convention will consist of three parts:
- Keynote speech and introduction to “Design Thinking” by Dee Roche.
- Panel discussion, exploring current social issues in Perth in the next 5-10 years.
- A facilitated workshop allowing participants to apply their understanding of design thinking to current social issues and community engagement in Perth City.
- AIMWA - UWA Senior Management Consultant, Dee Roche
- UWA Centre for Social Impact Professor Paul Flatau
- West Australian Council of Social Services CEO Louise Giolitto
- Philanthropy VisAbility Executive Manager Tony Hagan
- Foundation Housing CEO Kathleen Gregory
- Holyoake CEO Angie Paaskevicius
Why should you take part in the event?
This event will bring together corporations, philanthropists, government, not-for-profits and social entrepreneurs to purposefully apply design thinking methodology to solve the many social issues impacting Perth City.
- Learn and put into practice the methodologies of Design Thinking
- Gain insights into the current social challenges impacting Perth in the next 5-10 years
- Develop tools for creative social action in an experiential environment
- Connect with like-minded business professionals to inspire generosity
- Develop philanthropic ideas to change our Perth Community
This event is by invitation, but if you think this is a forum you could add significant value, we’d love to hear from you.